Choosing the Right Auto Repair Center
First, check with friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers. If you’re in an unfamiliar city, ask the concierge at your hotel or other professionals you encounter. Word of mouth is a powerful marketing tool, and most people will give you an honest review before referring you to an auto repair center. If this is unattainable, go online and look for reviews for the shop, and check with the Better Business Bureau to review feedback from other customers and research unresolved service issues. Don’t get stuck on price. Sometimes the shops with the worst service are the ones offering the cheapest prices. On the other side of the coin, high prices don’t guarantee great service.
Nowadays, auto repair centers are everywhere and you must take this into your advantage by the way of listing down at least 3-4 shops and narrow them down by comparing prices. This is an effective way to keep costs down, but as noted, the lower price tag isn’t always the best choice. Reviews and word-of-mouth recommendations are equally important.
Lastly, whether you’re still shopping around or you’ve already narrowed your choices to one or two, several characteristics help you identify a quality repair shop. Look for the following features:
- Professional Appearance: The best shops look clean, organized, and professional.
- Amenities for Customers: Waiting areas should be clean and comfortable, and bathrooms should be clean. Access to a shuttle to drive you to work or back home is also a nice perk.
- Skilled Technicians: Look for auto repair shops with technicians who are well-trained, preferably with certifications or equivalent training.
- Updated Equipment: You probably won’t know if the equipment is cutting edge, but repair professionals at quality repair shops are happy to tell you all about their first-rate equipment.
- Warranties: Quality repair shops offer a warranty on parts and labor, such as 12 months, 12,000 miles.
After servicing or repairing your vehicle, be sure to keep all your service records, and reward quality service with your repeat business.
Most treat vehicles as an investment and as such, they must be cared for to lasts longer. In cases when they need to be maintained or repaired, taking them to a reliable repair shop is the best route to take. In San Jose, CA and the surrounding areas, All Foreign Auto Center is your trusted auto repair center. Call us at (408) 286-5404 for inquiries.